International Youth Day gives people the chance to champion and empower the youth of today.
Young people are 2.5 times more likely to work in a sector which has been shut down due to the current pandemic. In addition, up to 800,000 young people will be leaving formal education this summer into the toughest jobs market of our lifetimes. We need to act now, to ensure that all young people can access high quality employment.
This discussion will look at the barriers young people are facing into employment in the current climate, challenge the practices that are no longer working and offer suggestions that will help us to future proof careers for young people.
Learn from the experts:
- What are the challenges young people are facing into employment
- How do we address youth unemployment
- How can your business access the next generation of diverse talent – How to retain and grow young diverse talent in the workplace
- Michele Farmer – Director Central England, The Prince’s Trust
- Gina Moffatt – Pride of Britain Winner, Founder of Blooming Scent
- Alan Smart – Young Ambassador, The Prince’s Trust
- Dagmar Bennett – Innovation Executive at The Prince’s Trust
(Originally broadcast live on International Youth Day, 12th August 2020)