Terms and Conditions
Get Hired Live Terms & Conditions for Recruiters, effective from 24 May 2019 (“Effective Date”)
By attending a GetHired Live event (“Event”) hosted by The Prince’s Trust (“The Trust” or “we”), incorporated by Royal Charter and registered as a charity in England and Wales (registered charity number 1079675) and Scotland (registered charity number SC041198) you, the Recruiter, agree to accept the following terms and conditions (“Terms”):
The Trust’s Obligations
- The Trust is responsible for delivering the Event and will use reasonable care, skill and diligence in doing so in accordance with all applicable legal requirements.
- The Trust will offer the opportunity for you to record your feedback once a meeting with a young person (“Jobseeker”) has ended. The Jobseeker will then receive this feedback verbally by a member of The Trust’s staff. You may keep a copy of this feedback if you so request.
- The Trust provides no guarantee as to the Jobseeker’s qualifications, interests or suitability in any role you may be offering.
- The Trust do not undertake any suitability checks, including but not limited to, reference and qualification verification checks.
- At the Event you will offer live role(s) which are available with an immediate start (“Roles”).
- You will deal fairly and professionally with Jobseekers in accordance with all law, regulation and good practice at all times and must not do anything to bring The Trust into disrepute.
- Nothing in these Terms grants you a licence to use the intellectual property rights of The Trust which includes, but is not limited to, the trademarks and/or logos of The Trust or any other members of the Prince’s Trust Group.
- You may only publicise your involvement with the Event with express prior written agreement from The Trust.
- You may not contact Jobseekers or make use of their information for any purpose other than filling the Roles you have available.
- We do not fall under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003. It is your responsibility to check the identity of the Jobseeker and that the Jobseeker has the experience, training, qualifications and authorisation required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the Recruiter, to meet to enable a Jobseeker to take up a position. We have not and will not carry out any suitability tests, including, but not limited to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks or reference checks.
- In the event you offer a Jobseeker employment and you have any concerns with the Jobseeker during their employment, you will endeavour to contact The Trust in the first instance.
- The charges are the prices live on gethired.org.uk (the “Site”) at time of contracting (“Charges”). Our Charges are inclusive of VAT.
- Payment for Charges will be via the payment page for the Site. We use the merchant Stripe. We do not store any credit card information and will not be held liable for the actions of a third party in receipt of that information.
- Payments are non-refundable in the instance of your non-attendance at an Event for whatever reason.
- You will indemnify The Trust in respect of any claims, losses or liabilities whatsoever suffered by The Trust (including reasonable legal costs, disbursements and consequential losses) as a result of your breach of these Terms or your negligence in relation to these Terms & Conditions.
Limitation of Liability of The Trust
- For the avoidance of doubt, The Trust shall not be liable to the Recruiter for any loss or damage (including without limitation direct, indirect and consequential loss, loss of business, loss of income, or loss of surplus/profit) arising in connection with the performance or non-performance by the Recruiter of its obligations pursuant to this Agreement (except in respect of any death or personal injury caused by the negligence of The Trust or its employees acting in the course of their employment).
- Subject to clause 16 above, our liability to you under these Terms are capped at the Charges paid by you for the Service.
- You agree to comply with all applicable anti-slavery and human trafficking laws, statutes, regulations and codes from time to time in force including, but not limited to, the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- We have the right to terminate the agreement constituted by these Terms immediately if you commit a material breach of these Terms and (if the breach is capable of remedy) fail to remedy the breach within 5 working days upon receipt of notice from The Trust.
- We may assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under these Terms to another member of the Prince’s Trust Group.
- We may amend these Terms from time to time. Please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply. Please refer to the Effective Date at the top of these Terms.
- These Terms are governed by English law. Any disputes arising out of these terms will be governed by English law.
- Any dispute will first be resolved by direct personal liaison between representatives of The Trust and you, or your nominated representative. If no agreement is reached within 1 month, then the dispute will be heard by an independent mediator to be agreed by both Parties. Neither Party will commence legal proceedings until the mediation procedure has been completed or has ended without mutual agreement of The Trust and the Recruiter.